I listened to a podcast called “Vibe Higher” on the differences between our ego and soul today and thought it was incredible insightful and informative. It can be complicated, but ultimately it involves knowing ourselves deeply – and being able to allow them to work together for our ultimate benefit.
This article was a great breakdown, they can be at mutual peace with awareness and skill.
“Your ego is:
- the image you have of yourself
- your social mask, the face you put on for the world
- your titles and roles (girlfriend, daughter, brother, sister, friend, colleague, teammate)
You can learn to spot your ego. When your ego is in charge:
- you’re often caught in circling thoughts (thinking about the same things over and over)
- you’re often consumed by your emotions (especially hurt, disappointment and anger)
- your inner dialogue is heavily focused on anxieties, fears, doubts and self-criticism (I’m not good enough, I’m not beautiful, I can’t do this, I totally stuffed up, I am bad at this, my life is meaningless)
- your worth is dependent on external things (whether you’ve got a partner, a mortgage, a great job, a beautiful wardrobe, a huge circle of friends)
- you desperately need validation from other people
- you’re easily bruised when things don’t go your way, people don’t act in the way you expect them to, people let you down, or people say or do things to offend you
Your ego is something you have to live with, but you don’t have to listen to it or believe what it has to say.
Try not to take it too seriously. It’s not the real you.
Your soul is:
- your spirit/essence/true self
- who you really are deep down below all the labels, roles, expectations and social masks
- something that doesn’t change – you are born you and you will forever be you
- inherently worthwhile – you are divine energy from the Universe. Your very existence in this world is what makes you beautiful, valuable and amazing.
You can learn to spot your soul. When your soul is in charge:
- you get a gut feeling about things, an intuition, an inner voice which guides you
- you realize you love and accept yourself deeply and completely
- your have burning desires and goals, but your sense of self-worth and happiness is not dependent on them
- you are forgiving of others and you are more easily able to accept people as they are, faults and all
- your preferences, desires and ideas bubble up from within you (not from external influences like society and the expectations of others)
- you get a feeling of being in the flow, of losing yourself in something you love – like yoga, running, walking, painting, writing, sex or cooking
- you often feel an indescribable connection with the entire Universe – especially when you experience a sunrise, a starry night sky, an old tree, or a quote that resonates with you
- everything feels effortless – it’s like the Universe is gently pushing you forward
- all the right people, places and circumstances unfold in perfect timing around you
- you feel free, fearless and empowered to go after your dreams and build a beautiful life
- you understand your purpose in life is to follow your dharma, your heart’s song, your own path, and to give your unique gifts to the world”
…..finish the article at: https://elysesantilli.com/differences-between-your-soul-and-your-ego/